5 Aug 2009

Credit Crunchtime

With everything that's been going on in the financial markets lately, I've decided not to take my money for granted, especially as I'm at risk of losing my job at the moment because of it all.
So I'm going to try and avoid where I can giving my money to big business's that have huge profit margins and squeeze small suppliers till they pop. I'm going to shop around a lot more for everything, they need my money and no matter what I can always go out there an earn more, so intend to make them work for it.

I'm going to shop at farmers markets for food, ok will be slightly more expensive but not by much and atleast the money stays local, but things like gifts I'm also going to get from someone that made it themselves rather than from a factory that churns out thousands a second and uses child labour, just to satisfy the demands of the big high street retailers.

I had a look on ebay but I think ebay takes too big a cut but I did come accross this site "Imagination Madness", I love the designs and I think the people that I give this too as a gift will appreciate the hardwork and skill involved in making them... This one I like the most..


No comments: