20 Mar 2009

Spring is in the air....

and the sap may very well be rising!....

So.... I can't really complain about my job when I sit down and really think about it.
Before I was working in an office right in the city center and now, I work in an office that's part of a large compound out in the countryside. OK caling it a compound doesn't sound very exciting, but lets just say it has everything from tennis courts, playing fields and 2, yes 2 Starbucks coffee shops. It's pretty nice.....

Anyway.... it's 4:00pm and I have an early finish... hooorraayy for me!!!
So I'm walking to the carpark.... and bold as you like there are 4 or 5 rabbits out enjoying the sunshine, munching the grass not in the least bit bothered by me and the dozen or so other people filing out from one of the office doors.

I watch them still eating away as I'm heading nearer to the carpark, as I get closer to the end corner of the carpark where my car is I notice the brown fluffy mass.... on my bonnet... the nearer I get confirms what I'm thinking that there's a rabbit sat sunbathing on the bonnet of my car...... didn't read that one in Beatrix Potter,... naughty Peter Rabbit gets done for "Joy Riding"

I get to the bumber of my car, teh rabbit's still there and not in the least bit bothered by my presence.
I put my bag down and lean a little on the bonnet, the rabbit seems slightly adjitated but stays put.
I move my face closer, the rabbit's ears twitch and he starts to look more furtive.
I pull back... straighten up.... look at the rabbit we fix each other firmly in our gaze.........


RRaaAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
RRaaaaaAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I scream


He's off like a shot and straight into the bushes, leaving nothing but a small pyramid of droppings and a couple of small scratches on the bonnet...



"Ready for the weekend then?"
A voice calls from behind, I turn round and I already know who it is

It's my boss....

"Yes" I reply... "all set!"


He laughs, "Cool... see you Monday!"

"Yep.. See you Monday!" I respond.....

I have a feeling Monday's morning meeting will be quite interesting


A picture of the miscreant having it on his toes after trying to boost a Merc earlier....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic story! :D

Anonymous said...

I know you, how you look, how you act, I can see you raising you eyebrow to this lovely sunbathing rabbit. I am peeing myself so much!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah forgot to say, your lucky he was only sun bathing, you know it is coming to spring and you know what rabbits are known for, so think yourself lucky he was sleeping and not, well.... that there was not 2 on your car

. said...

What 2 sets of scratches on the bonnnet?

Hold on......

With what I think your suggesting..... I'd need a new bonnet for all the scratches!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

**innocent look** I didn't say it and you thought it so hmmm **thinks**