8 Nov 2009

Remembrance Sunday

Today is Remembrance Sunday and this year the same as every year since I was a child I went to the Cenotaph along with a lot of other people, I buy a Poppy and listen to the music, the parades and listen to some of the readings.
I was never in the service, I used to be in the Army Cadet Force when I was you and it was a huge turning point for me and instilled values of good citizenship that I still follow today. I go because lots of my friends did join up, some have come home, some haven't.

"When you go home, tell them of us and say,
for their tomorrow, we gave our today"

Whatever you think of the conflicts going on around the globe, no matter what you may think of those fighting in them, these are still real people fighting and dying, Remember that, before moralising on the rights and wrongs of these conflicts or passing judgment on them.

Please buy a poppy.

No comments: