22 Dec 2009

Christmas No 1

I love Christmas, it's great, it's a time of the year to think about friends and loved ones and try and spread a little cheer, yes, you buy gifts for people so it's always a lucrative time of the year for retailers.... but there is something that is always going to rankle people and that is using it to try and just extract money from peoples pockets by creating a TV programme that willl only have a finale at one time of the year and that is the peak time before Christmas to release a record to try and cash in on the season and see it get to No1, a nice little advertising coup. So is it any wonder people decide to make sure some pap wasn't rammed down their throat but to rally behind a different, less exploitative of the season song. What other means did people have to say to the producers on the X factor that they were sick of having Christmas hijacked so they could make money. I'm glad it's not No1, not because I hate the song, not because I hate the show, not because I hate the winner..... but because it's a time of year I want to mean something so everyone and I mean something that makes us all feel united which is what I felt the Xmas no1 symbolised, but once it became a money making machine it took something away from everyone whether they liked the xmas No1 in previous years or not.

Happy Xmas everyone.....

This has been a good year for me. x

No comments: