5 Oct 2009

Nudge nudge, click click, wink wink, grin grin..... know what I mean!

Probably not, well that post about Holland and not yet having a camera reminded me of yesterday in the part. We're in autumn but despite that the weather's been pretty good, fairly warm excpet in the evenings as the days are getting shorter and plenty of sunshine and not much in the way of rain. In the park I like to visit there's a large rock garden full of trees and lots of different oplants, but they all seem to be in a state of flux. Some look ready for winter and have started to change but only a little, others that are more autumn blooming are starting to come out and some that should be showing signs of autumn still look like they have done all summer. So there's a huge mixter of light browns with dark deep greens everywhere and still lots of flowers in bloom. Yesterday there were lots of families their too so I stopped off for Coffee and cake and to read my paper.

After about 30 minutes I was all done, the coffee and cake gone within 5 minutes of sitting down to have them under an acer tree. I should warn you... I'm a nutter magnet, if your reading this blog you probably fall into one of two categories, (a) You're an entrecard dropper, so thanks for dropping by or (b) you're a nutter, in which case welcome, take a seat next to the others.

So I tidy the table, get the plate, fork and coffee mug ready to take back inside when someone calls to me... "hey mate!.... can you spare any loose change?"... at this point I realised teh days was going too well... I replied "no... sorry". OK, I'm Scottish and we have a reputation for being a little tight... in fact I have mentioned to a friend on several occasions that copper wire was invented by to scots fighting over a penny, also that if a scotsman dropped 50p it would hit him on the back of his head as he bent to pick it up. In this case, I just dont give money to homeless people, not beause I'm uncharitable, but over hear I know there are places they can get food and get help.

So anyway, I start to fold my paper again and not quite finished with me yet he replies "Finished with your paper?....", no, I said, it happens I was about to head home and finish it their, "seen the Grand Prix?"..... an unusual tactic that nearly caught me off guard and must have been some sort of ploy to cuk me into further conversation, sorry but I had things to do that day, so I told the truth much to my embaressment and to his disbelief, "No, I haven't seen the Grand Prix as I haven't got a TV"... I was totally polite... but he immediately looked away in disgust as if I'd just had a dump in his breakfast, like I'd just told a blatant lie.

Ah well the rest of the day went well anyway.

3 comments:

Buggys said...

I have so much trouble avoiding these people when I am in the city! My sister used to keep hold of my arm so she could keep me moving along! They really are relentless!

Tiddles said...

ohh I wet myself laughing the first, second and third time you told me and now again reading it!
There is one slight problem though and I am so worried about it I am heading to the doctor. I have known you for well over a year and we have a click, does that mean I am a nutter? Or is it my ability to attract them (you!)
Oh yeah I got a camera so forget that I know how to share!

. said...

Excellent!!!!

Straight Jackets all round.