19 Feb 2010

No Scrupples

Why do I do this to myself, there I am enjoyiong my time away from work, walking down the street when I duck into a side road off the busy high street to take a call.
Suddenly I notice there on the ground a £5 note.

At first I think... cool £5, then I think, but it's not mine, in some way's it's stealling.... but if I don't pick it up, someone else will and they wont bat an eyelid..... but what if it belongs to someone on a pension or very little money.... I could put it in a charity box!... I pick it up and my moral dilema continues as I walk along the street. Then I walk past a pub... and I stop, and I think.... and I think.... I would walk over the road, gte a newspaper and sit in the Pub and have a pint and relax... I am on Holiday.... then I think like I'm in an episode of My name is Earl"... and I think about Karma and "Do good things and good things happen... etc etc" amd so I think ... what would Earl do?.... Forget buying a newspaper and just take one of the abandoned ones in the pub and have 2 pints instead of one?

Not sure if that's Earl takling or me...

Anyway... I didn't, I've come home and it's sat on top of the TV.... not sure what I'll do with it.

Most people would probably have spent it by now.... there is something clearly very wrong with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm the same.

Have a nice sunday!